Participating agencies will collaborate in order to support the goal of improving the delivery of adult education and addressing existing gaps in programs services in the following program areas:
- Programs in elementary and secondary basic skills, including classes leading to a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate.
- Programs for immigrants eligible for educational services in citizenship, English as a second language, and workforce preparation.
- Programs for adults, including, but not limited to, older adults, that are primarily related to entry or reentry into the workforce.
- Programs for adults, including, but not limited to older adults, that are primarily designed to develop knowledge and skills to assist elementary and secondary school children to succeed academically in school.
- Programs for adults with disabilities.
- Programs in career technical education that are short term in nature and have high employment potential.
- Programs offering preapprenticeship training activities conducted in coordination with one or more apprenticeship programs approved by the Division of Apprenticeship Standards for the occupation and geographic area.